Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I realize that you may not know when the 2012 Carter Work Project happens.  All team members are to arrive in Atlanta by 5pm on Friday, November 23.  We have registration, orientation, and other activities that night and then fly on a charter flight to Haiti on Saturday, November 24.  We will begin working on the Santo work site on Sunday, November 25.  We return to Atlanta on Saturday, December 1 and then I have a later flight back to Albuquerque that day.

This arrangement gives me the perfect opportunity to arrive early and visit the Carter Center and Presidential Library.  Unfortunately, the Carter Center is closed on Thanksgiving day.  So I'll be traveling to Atlanta on Thanksgiving and visiting the Carter Center first thing on Friday, November 23 in order to be back to the hotel by 5pm.  I can't wait!

The biggest dilemna of my trip - which of Jimmy Carter's books to bring to get his autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment