Wednesday, October 17, 2012

So I've tried my REI base camp pillow and it's not bad.  Definitely not as good as my pillows at home, but I'll survive with it for a week.

One thing that worries me a bit about this Carter Work Project in Haiti is the heat.  I've added Port-au-Prince to my weather app on my iPhone to be able to easily check the weather there.  While it seems that highs have decreased a bit (from high 90s to mid 90s), it's still hot.  By the end of November, average highs should be down to high 80s.  Of course, it will also be humid (everywhere is humid compared to northern NM).

Whereas, I usually dress for the weather (shorts and a t-shirt in hot weather), I'll be wearing pants every day there, for cultural and safety reasons.

I've already been warned that the Haitians will work circles around any foreigners.  So I don't have to worry about trying to keep up with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment