Monday, November 26, 2012

Today was hot and long.  We left camp at 7am and returned around 5pm.  Made good progress, and yes Jim, I was on the roof.  Our Haitian families helped out - two homeowners and a friend.  They were great! 

No pics on my blog today.  I need to get some PC help to download a few from my iPhone. 

The homes built last year have additions (porches, extra rooms, storage) and lots of greenery.  Found out yesterday that this is the way poor people build - incremental improvements.  The children wave as we come and go on the buses.

I saw Jimmy and Rosalynn at dinner tonight.  Yes, they eat with us - at their own table with a couple of their sons who are here and the secret service.  They are really amazing!

I can feel the long day, but our progress is good.  We should finish both roofs tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment