Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What an excellent day!  We made good progress on our two homes.  Roofing done on one and on one side of the second.  I was on the roof almost all day, so my legs are feeling it.  We put up siding, framed the porches and put the inside walls up.  We also had access to an interpreter today so found out more about our homeowners, Katorsky and Onus.  Katorsky's family includes his wife and young daughter.  Onus' family includes his wife, one child, and a brother. I've heard that some Haitian families have to sleep in shifts since there's physically not enough room in their homes for everyone to sleep at the same time.  Katorsky and Onus are so thankful that we're here to help them build their homes.  They are great guys and good workers!

At dinner, I realized that Jimmy and Rosalynn were in the dining hall.  I plotted with my construction team leader how to get President Carter's autograph.  I then camped out outside the dining hall and was able to get his autograph and have a very short conversation on middle east peace.  Wow!  I'm on cloud nine.  Time to go celebrate now and watch the talent show.

No comments:

Post a Comment